Friday, December 30, 2011

My Favorite Things: Memories

meet Maude

Rather than create another official year-end countdown, today I'd like to simply list some of my favorite memories of 2011.  Some snippets, if you will.  In no particular order.  (Ok, ok!  They are more or less in chronological order.  I can't help it.)   

Running my fastest mile since high school; running on the beach during a weekend getaway to Santa Cruz; listening to The 21st Century perform the song I requested at their kickstarter show; seeing Mom's reaction on Pirates of the Caribbean; picking strawberries + turning them into strawberry shortcake (the dessert, not the doll); scoring cute clothes at second hand stores; watching an afternoon thunderstorm by myself over the Serene Lakes in Tahoe National Forest; meeting my niece Maude when she was two hours old; seeing Van Gogh's La Salle de Danse à Arles at the Musée d'Orsay; eating fondue + drinking wine from a baby bottle in Montmarte, then walking up many a stair to catch the Eiffel Tower sparkle lights from Sacre Coeur; people watching at the Stravinsky Fountain; seeing Love Locks on bridges all around Europe; seeing street art all around Europe; seeing yarn bombing twice in Europe (in Salzburg + Leipzig); reflecting on the nature of humanity after visiting Anne Frank's house; frolicking where (film versions of) Maria + the Von Trapp kids sang Do Re Mi; seeing Klimt, Schiele + contemporary art at the Belvedere in Vienna; learning of + about Hundertwasser; doodling in my moleskine; taking photos (of both the staged + sneak attack variety); and everything I already mentioned in my Extra-Curricular Activities Countdown, of course.

which were staged? which were sneak attacks?

When I look back on 2011, these moments are what I want to remember.  Moments of pride, freedom, heart-swelling, merrymaking, beauty,
adventure, learning, magic and laughter.

I hope for even more.  For me, and for you.

Here's to a magical and laughter-filled 2012.
Cheers, Loves!

2 comments:

  1. You had such a wonderful year... cheers to another! Happy New Year to you too!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jessa. You know I hope your new year is off to a splendid start as well. :]

    ReplyDelete