You've seen this, no? Marcel the Shell With Shoes On? And the sequel?
My favorite quotes from the most witty and charming invertebrate ever:
- "Guess why I smile a lot. Uh, cuz it's worth it." Marcel, my little shelled friend, I wish everyone had your attitude.
- "... I also have shoes and, um, a face. So, I like that about myself, and I like myself, and I have a lot of other great qualities as well." Indeed!
- "Sometimes people say that my head is too big for my body. And then I say, 'Compared to what?'!" When I was your age, I wish I had enough aplomb to improvise such a brilliant comeback.
Beyond introducing you to Marcel the Shell (or reminding you of his magnificence), I actually do have a tangible gift for one of you. Yep, this is We hope for more's very first giveaway! A little thank you, from me to you. I will send one lucky reader a copy of Marcel the Shell With Shoes On: Things About Me—Marcel's very first book!
- To enter, watch either (or both) of Marcel's videos, and leave a comment below that states your favorite quote and why it's your fave or why it made you laugh or what it reminds you of, etc. etc.
- Leave your comment by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, February 2, 2012.
- I will most likely allow my cat, Cleo, to select the winner. (Or just pull names out of a hat. WWMD? [What Would Marcel Do?])
- I will announce the winner this Friday, February 3!
Good night and good luck!