Sunday, August 4, 2013

Speaking of international . . .


Inspired by this post, I thought I'd snap and share some photos of the papers I saved from my Euro Tour 2011. In my mind, I saved more scraps than I actually found--all must not have survived the most recent purges.


Yes, I saved the little waxy paper envelopes in which store keepers wrapped the post cards I purchased.


When I found this post card in a cuuuuuuuuuuuuute shop in Copenhagen, I knew I was purchasing it for myself to keep. IRL the colors are more muted.


I purchased a few postcards at the Salzburger Marionettentheater, which is a fancy (or German) way of saying the marionette theater in Salzburg. Friends and/or fam actually received said post cards, but apparently I bought an extra and decided to keep Der Nussknacker (The Nutcracker for all of you who aren't familiar with German and/or able to crack that cryptic code) for myself.


Here we have some notes I scribbled on a guide to the Belvedere Museum in Vienna (which I loved loved loved and highly recommend), and business cards for a DE-licious vegetarian restaurant in Amsterdam (which, incidentally, had a resident cat back in '11), a Mediterranean restaurant in Brussels, and a lomography joint in Amsterdam (which I didn't actually visit--I acquired this card during an event at the Van Gogh Museum where I took a lomography workshop + got to shoot a roll of film with a Diana).


I saved this bag (yet another post card purchase!) from this little shop in Paris:


I believe L'univers de Léo roughly translates to: dog thinks of cat, cat thinks of mouse, mouse thinks of cheese, cheese thinks of cow. I could be mistaken.

1 comment: