Monday, December 12, 2011

Yet 2 more awesome quotes re: being creative and/or a child

Color Me Katie + her balloons
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let's pretend that 5 out of my first 12 posts aren't "Quote of the Day" bits, okay?  I swear I'm not that girl who adorns her walls with motivational posters and compulsively refreshes her twitter feed after searching #motivational or #inspiring.  However, a handful of quotations I've read over the years resonate with me and align quite nicely with my purposes here.  And so, I like to share the curated few with you.  Without further ado:
Quote 1: "The creative adult is the child who has survived." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Quote 2: "Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Pablo Picasso 
Seems Miss Ursula + Pablo are advocating we all unleash our inner Peter Pan.  Fine by me!  Easier said than done, though, especially for the most hardcore of us "grown ups".  So, uh . . . how?  Since there is no step-by-step how-to guide out there (well, if one exists, google is hiding it from me), we must look for inspiration elsewhere.  Enter Color Me Katie.  This gal is all sorts of artistic.  If you'd like to get back in touch with your innate creativity and child within, but don't know where to begin, pick from 1 of these rad ideas, and give it a go.  Here are my Top 7 inspirations from Miss Katie:
1. Build a tent.
2. Relax in the rain.
3. Enhance your environment with dry erase markers.
4. Blow bubbles.
5. Arrange a balloon bouquet.
6. Walk with chalk.
7. Write + plant happy notes for folks to discover
handing out balloons to children on my birthday*

















 
 
Photo credit goes to the extremely creative + fantastic, Marianne Szeto.
*an activity I'm certain both Katie + Peter Pan would approve of.  ;] 

No comments:

Post a Comment