Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Touring in my own town: Extra-Curricular Activities

When you want to go out and "do something" in Castro Valley, there are a handful of options.  One can catch a matinee (for only $5, mind you!) at the Chabot Theater.  Had the local cinema not been currently showing Joyful Noise, I would've gladly done so in order to report back to you, photos included.  But I simply could not bring myself to watch a flick with a 37% "Fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes—even at the incredible matinee price.  Option two is the Castro Village Bowl(ing alley), which has various weekly specials, including Rock & Bowl on Saturdays.  And beer.  Yes, like any classy bowling alley, there is a lounge attached.  And then there is Golden Tee Golfland, which we always called Pee Wee Golf when I was but a tiny Tigress Woods*.

I must say, the Golden Tee has not changed much, if at all, since I was a kid.


I'm thinking this is the original carpeting.  


And the obstacles are as frustrating as ever.  ;]


Even the iconic trio of primary-colored dragons remains.


The colors and whimsical attractions make for a fun environment (read: distraction from your horrendous, far-above-par scores, caused by said whimsical attractions. And maybe your tendency to hit the ball too hard.)


The truth is, I don't even know what my score was, because Ben was sweet enough to hide the numbers from me.  I stopped asking after the third hole.  ;]


*Credit for coining the name "Tigress Woods" goes to Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment