Monday, January 9, 2012

Town + City Survey: Tempe

image source

Hello, friends!  Today's Town + City Survey brings us to a city I've never set foot in: Tempe, Arizona.  It would take a whole lotta awesome for a town whose average high temperatures are between 92° and 104° for five months out of twelve (seven months being above 85°—I feel a faint coming on!) to lure me.  I am not a sun worshiper; I am more what one would call a shade-and-gentle-cool-breeze worshiper.  I hope this town provides misters and gelato on every corner.  But I digress.  Should I ever live in the land of the Sun Devils (their terminology, not mine!), here's how I'd spend my time:

Ever been to Tempe?  What's your 2¢?

image source

3 comments:

  1. Considered law school in Tempe--drove in, spent ten minutes at the law school, decided it was waaaay too hot, spent the rest of the long weekend in the resort pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I desperately now wish to go to Tempe (preferably with you) and try all of these things. And here I thought it just a high end college town. For shame.

    PS: Please write a letter to the mayor of Tempe regarding the gelato stands. I'll visit if that is a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - hahahahaha!


    Alicia - I, too, was surprised at some of the fun to be had in Sun Devil territory. Just wait till you see the treats that Nashville has to offer! Dare I say it? More impressive than gelato on every corner? Perhaps . . .

    ReplyDelete